The process for giving consent to receive the electronic version of the W-2 is quick and easy and comes with many benefits:
- Employees have access to the W-2 statements earlier than they would with a printed and mailed statement
- Electronic delivery eliminates the changes that the W-2 statement will get cost, misdirected or delayed during delivery
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience
- Employees are contributing to a cost-savings (paper, printing and postage)
- W-2 statements remain online for multiple years for easy reference
All UGA employees are encouraged to set up electronic delivery for their W-2 in OneUSG Connect Employee Self Service (ESS).
The 2019 deadline to consent for electronic W-2 delivery is December 31st. Without consent, W-2s will be mailed to the employee’s home address as in ESS. If employees are not opting for the electronic process, please encourage employees to take this opportunity to ensure the correct home address is in ESS.