The William L. Power Scholarship in Religion
The William L. Power Scholarship in Religion has been established to provide scholarships to Junior or Senior level undergraduate students majoring in Religion who have in interest in Theology and Philosophy of Religion. The award will be in the amount of $1000.00. All materials must be submitted in hard copy to the departmental office by March 1, 2018.
Criteria for selection
- Excellence in overall grades as well as grades in the major
- A demonstrated strong interest in Theology and Philosophy of Religion as indicated by courses taken immediately related to central questions of Christian Theology, Philosophical Theology, and the Philosophy of Religion
- A submitted research paper dealing with some subject related directly to a topic in these areas of study.
- Selection of recipients shall not be based on financial need.
Applicants should submit the following information to the Religion Department Office by March 1, 2018:
- A letter of Application (one page), stating the applicant's interest in the Philosophy of Religion and Theology, and describing coursework related to this field. Please also provide US mail and email addresses.
- A paper dealing with a topic directly relating to the Philosophy of Religion and/or Theology.
- A complete transcript (which can be unofficial) or Degree Audit Report.
Scholarship recipients shall be selected by the Religion Department Awards Committee.
The 2018 William L. Power Scholarship recipient will be announced by April 1, 2018.